Sunday, August 30, 2009

Buttons!

I am arranging a costume sale at work to get rid of old stock we're not using and make some money for the department. The gentleman who was helping me said that I should feel free to take anything reasonably small I wanted. I know there's a bunch of stuff I'm going to end up buying, but when I saw this set of pin and earrings I had to have them. They are embroidered in the style which I believe is called Petite Point and would make lovely buttons for an 18th century robe a la Turque methinks. I also scored some pristine brown kid-leather gloves which are causing me to rethink the color scheme for my traveling outfit. Funny how one accessory can change the aesthetic of a whole costume.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Your Chateau

  With another successful Fetes Galante complete at the Chateau de Versailles, I thought we'd have a Versailles-themed FYC. Enjoy this d...