Friday, May 21, 2010

May 21, 1780

I have been doing quite a lot of embroidery of late, and my poor fingers have developed a rough spot that I find strangely fascinating. I wonder if this is what it is like to be a needlewoman? It has been decided to go to Riom, where instead of stopping at Chateaugay, we will all stay at my home Portaberaud, probably for at least a few weeks. F&R had thought that we might spend the summer there, but I know myself, and after a month or so of familiarity with my mother and brothers I will wish to be farther away. Perhaps by then Christine will be back for her sister's wedding, and we may meet up in Paris, though it is a trial in the summer months.

We are packed, and within moments shall set out for pleasure's sake again. It is good to be well! It is good to be amongst friends! It is good to be home in Auvergne!

Olympe, Comtesse

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Your Chateau

  With another successful Fetes Galante complete at the Chateau de Versailles, I thought we'd have a Versailles-themed FYC. Enjoy this d...