Monday, June 28, 2010

Let's Eat Cake!

"A cake and a bad custom ought to be broken." -French proverb

I couldn't agree more! Let's break out the cake and champagne and start celebrating the 1st Anniversary of this blog. In the days to come we'll look at what celebrations were like in the 18th century, including information on important topics like; costume, decorations, food, and gifts.

Have a burning question you'd like answered or a topic you want to know more about? Post it in a comment and I will do my best to find you the answers. And don't forget to enter the Blog-anniversaire giveaway!

2 comments:

  1. Happy first anniversary! Of course, I think a one-month anniversary is sufficient cause for a cake. I think almost anything is sufficient cause for a cake. Or a pie. Or ...

    Comtesse, thank you for following my blog. As you can see, I too love the 18th century. Hope you checked out my trifle, pound cake and Sally Lunn buns (of the era). I look forward to perusing your blog in depth in a few days when I have the time to thoroughly enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I certainly did read your recent posts and I shall have to make some trifle very soon. So easy to assemble, delightful to look at it, and delicious to eat!

    I hope you enjoy my blog as much as I am enjoying yours, and thank you for the anniversary wishes.

    ReplyDelete

For Your Chateau

  With another successful Fetes Galante complete at the Chateau de Versailles, I thought we'd have a Versailles-themed FYC. Enjoy this d...