Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Shopping the Museums

Between working on four shows in three different states, finding a new apartment, and planning a wedding, I have been quite remiss in posting. Thanks for sticking with me, I shall now punish reward you with a plethora of posts.

It's been a while since I've done one of these, so let's find the perfect outfit for a long-awaited spring day!


Let's start with this simple green and yellow striped polonaise. With its shorter skirt and petticoat it's the perfect thing for a walk in the park to smell the daffodils.
Anyone have shoes in their closet from ten or twenty years ago? I know I do, because sometimes those brocade slippers and designer heels are just too cute to get rid of. These embroidered yellow shoes with green bows may be from the 1750s but they are too perfect not to wear with the 1770s polonaise ensemble.
For money and treats and who-knows-what-else, these dainty little pockets will keep everything accessible and out of sight under our skirts.
To complete our outfit we need a hat, something big and shady, like the Comtesse de Segur is wearing in her portrait. Now we are ready to go out and enjoy the sunshine!

3 comments:

  1. Interesting that you would take the trouble then to not only read it, but bother posting a comment. It sounds as if such a thing would be beneathe you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good lord! such rudeness!I love the yellow stays - soo much work in them. Love your blog too xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your kind words, Karen. I'm glad to know that you are enjoying the blog.

    ReplyDelete

For Your Chateau

  With another successful Fetes Galante complete at the Chateau de Versailles, I thought we'd have a Versailles-themed FYC. Enjoy this d...