Saturday, July 9, 2011

Dogs and Cushions, or How to Travel in Comfort and Style

Long-time readers of this blog will recall that I have a one-year-old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Reinette, whom I adore as all puppy parents do. I have found however, that traveling with her on my lap, while a nice idea, is somewhat uncomfortable. She tries to sit up or changes position and digs her little feet in my thighs which end up bruised and raw by the end of the trip. What's a lady to do?

Wondering about this I started to notice that ladies pictured with their dogs frequently had them standing next to them, or on a table, or held in their arms rather than on their laps. Might they have had the same problem?

Thinking of the many pictures of spaniels perched on  cushions, I decided to combine the two and see if she would stay on it, and if that would make things any more comfortable for us.

I'm pleased to report that it was a success, so now Reinette and I will only be trapsing about the country to visit friends and family with a pillow on hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Your Chateau

  With another successful Fetes Galante complete at the Chateau de Versailles, I thought we'd have a Versailles-themed FYC. Enjoy this d...