Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Countess' New Clothes- Beaded stomacher finished!


A little while ago I posted my progress on a beaded stomacher which I was finally completing after a hiatus of too many years. This past week I finally finished it, and I'm pretty happy with the results. As often happens, I was only going to complete the beading, bind the bottom edge, and add tabs; but then I thought that a big green bow would be just the right touch, and then I had a little rondel of pearls from a broken brooch, and then putting it on a matching ribbon would be so lovely...so of course it took me a little longer than initially planned.

The dressform would really show it better were it not so busty, but you get the idea. Next up, I'm finishing a green velvet Tudor gown from a few years ago, and finally getting past the research stage to draping that mantelet you all voted on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Your Chateau

  With another successful Fetes Galante complete at the Chateau de Versailles, I thought we'd have a Versailles-themed FYC. Enjoy this d...