Thursday, September 22, 2011

September 22nd, 1781

In Paris once more, and the weather is more chill than usual for this time of year. I do hope it won't last. I am to hold my first formal Lever of the season this afternoon, but am secretly most anxious, for what if nobody comes? My sudden departure a few months ago may certainly have lost me a few friends. Msr. Poisson is at least certain to attend as he and I have much to discuss.

I arrived to find a bill from my marchande waiting, it seems that once in while one really must pay merchants, so I did. I expect to see my new clothes very shortly.

I think I hear voices in the hall, someone has arrived. It is time to begin the masquerade.

Olympe, Comtesse

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Your Chateau

  With another successful Fetes Galante complete at the Chateau de Versailles, I thought we'd have a Versailles-themed FYC. Enjoy this d...