Saturday, March 3, 2012

Regency Picnic Dress

Well I am excited, dear readers! For the first time I have an event to go to in costume. The Regency Society of Virginia has a picnic coming up at the end of May and I intend to attend. Of course, now I need to really get cracking on a proper Regency wardrobe. I was thinking of this:-
Instead of the parasol I may do simply a shawl, and in place of the strange runway-styling headdress a shading and lovely bonnet. Who doesn't love a bonnet? I'm a big fan of ice blue and tend to look well in it, so I'll likely leave the color scheme as it is.

Updates to come; oh, and I'm currently working on my portrait bracelets and a brise fan so I should have a post or two about that in the near future too.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, I hope so! I have some light blue wool already that will probably do very well for the coat.

      Delete
  2. We look forward to seeing you there on the 19th, Comtesse!

    ReplyDelete

For Your Chateau

  With another successful Fetes Galante complete at the Chateau de Versailles, I thought we'd have a Versailles-themed FYC. Enjoy this d...