Sunday, November 4, 2012

October 13th, 1782

I have generally liked autumn, but I find it this year to be very much to my liking. My plans have succeeded beyond my grandest imaginings. The Marquis has been forced to sell even his estate in Saint-Martin-du-Tertre, the one which bears his family's name; Franconville. Not content to watch his home go to the auction block, I have met with a newly-made official, who would very much like to purchase it for his young bride, as she comes of an old family. I would be willing to finance part of the purchase price, if he were to commit to tearing down the old building, entirely, and building anew on the site. Not merely lost, but destroyed. That is how I would like F- to face his former home.

-Olympe, Comtesse

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Your Chateau

  With another successful Fetes Galante complete at the Chateau de Versailles, I thought we'd have a Versailles-themed FYC. Enjoy this d...